Friday, July 10, 2009

Erik & Blue at the Lake

Thursday is official Lake Day! We go out on the boat enjoy a relaxing ride then swim till we are exhausted then drive around again to dry off on its off to dinner! We love it, we have been doing it since Erik was 1 year old! He even celebrated his 2nd birthday on the lake!

This year we added our new family member Blue to our weekly excursions! The first time Blue went with Erik to the lake it was too cold to swim! The funny part of everything was how I expected Blue to act! I figured he would get all excited about being on the water and act like a fool! I had to work so when I got home and got the low-down on how the day when Papaw said Blue did excellent! He thought his life jacket was his service dog gear and acted like the perfect obedient service dog! I was wondering how he would act once he realized that the lake was fun and not actually work!

So yesterday we got to the lake and I brought Blue's new birthday toy a water Kong! Climbed down to the shore and told Blue "it's sink or swim buddie" and threw the Kong into the lake! Blue dove in without even thinking and swam beautifully! We did that quite a few more times then headed for the boat! I garbed Blue and Erik in their life jackets and we were off for a ride! They were so cute and enjoyed it so much! Finally it came time to swim! Erik is in love with swimming even though he doesn't know how! He tries really hard and he loves jumping off the back of the boat as you can see in the pictures, he has no fear! I got Blue down on the platform and threw the Kong out into the lake! I didn't think about how Blue was going to get back up on the boat once he retrieved his toy until he was swimming back! Thank goodness the life jacket had a handel on the back and I was able to haul Blue up by that! We only threw the toy out a few times then I made Blue chill out in the boat! It was after all his first time swimming every and he had exherted a lot of energy! He enjoyed every second and kept trying to go back out in the lake with Erik, Papaw and GeeGee.

I took some of the cutest pics and wanted to share them with you! The bond between Erik and Blue grows more everyday! Hope you enjoy them as much and I have!

No comments: